Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pin Cushion Crystal


Taking my blood is not a very good activity. I have never liked it, never been able to get myself to give blood, the most I have ever had taken was two vials. I had to get my blood taken for a series of fertility tests for cycle day 3 and it was no big deal... or so I thought. I left Alexis with Britt and drove over to Tacoma, much closer then Seattle or Bellevue, I thought they would take a vile or two but when I got back there she had a little basket with six vials in it. I thought no way those are all for me, sure enough they were. I was squeezing this little ball and about the 4th vial I was having a hard time squeezing it. I tried to lift my other arm up and it was hard to do and then my vision started to go blurry. I had to put my head between my knees for about 5 minutes before the passing out feeling left. The nurses where great and started to try and find food for me to eat, I think from their own lunches. I had to sit there for 20 minutes before I stopped shaking and they felt I could go home. I guess I have low blood pressure and so that is why that happened. It was really weird and affected me for the rest of the day. I felt weak and had a head ache my vision kept getting blurring too. I hope that the next blood draw at the end of the month will be less serious, I will bring someone with me though so I don't have to drive home just in case.

4 lil' notes:

Jenn said...

Giving blood is NO fun! Everytime I got it take when I was pregnant it took forever because they could never get enough out of me! I feel for you!!!!!

Kate said...

Yuck- no fun at all.

Emma said...

I think I have low blood pressure too. I make tham lay me down eveytime I have blood drawn. Good luck with the fertility stuff. My best friend finds out of friday if she is pregant with two implanted embrios..IVF style. I will be praying for both of you...

Horn Family said...

oh my heck! Crystal that had to have been no fun at all!! I wish I was there I would have gone with ya! : ) Hang in there!!!