Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monday the 15th

Today I finally became a pin cushion and a poking bag! We went to see a fertility doctor, Michael Soules of Seattle Reproductive Medicine to be exact. He asked us questions about our history and did an exam on me and an ultrasound. I have good ovaries with a good egg count, even my left one that is smaller because of the cyst. I was surprised to learn that whenever a person has had a chocolate cyst they are diagnosed with moderate to severe endometriosis. I thought my doctor had put me at a 2, but Dr. Soules say I am either a 3 or 4. He also said my Uterus lining is really thick and that is unusual. So He wants me to have a saline test to see if there is a pulyp or if something else is going on. The nice thing is because of the Endo all tests and exam are billed as medical and so our insurance has to cover them. Dr. Soules is one of the best doctor for infertility and endo so we are really hopeful. Britt also needs to go see the urologist again. Doctor thinks that he might really have varicocele. Kind of frustrating and makes me dislike Group Health even more since he already saw a urologist because we thought he might have this and that doctor said that he did have some thickness there but not to worry about it. Well I guess fertility doctors do worry about it and so maybe we will get that cleared up and things will go more smoothly for us. I am hopeful and feel like we could have another tax deduction for next year. Ha ha ha ok really we just want another baby cause they are so cute, fun and just make getting up everyday more worth it. Thank you Debbie for watching Alexis while we went to this appointment, even though you had 3 kids already to watch, we really appreciate it.
****
We had a fun family home evening last night. We spend a lot of time with the Koeller's in our ward. We really enjoy them and their kids and wanted to have them over. We rarely have people over to our house since it is the size of a shoe box so we like to have stuff outside. Our summer days are coming to an end so we decided we need to have a hot dog roast and hang out by a fire. The kids played and played and had so much fun that Blake didn't want to leave... he is going to come over on one of his days out of school to play. He is so cute and says he is going to marry Alexis, I keep thinking I need to take pictures of them playing so one day I can tease them! We ended up having Jenn and Ashlee, my parents and the Koeller's over for a fun evening and hope that we can do it again soon!

4 lil' notes:

leslie mae said...

OH I am SO SO happy for you guys!!! We hope and pray that things goes smoothly for you. You have such a great {and stinkin cute} family; it will be great to see it grow even more!!! We love you!!

Jenn said...

That is good and very hopeful news! :)

shiree said...

yippie im glad you guys are getting things rolling, i hope all will go smooth for you both

Horn Family said...

That is so exciting!!! I can't wait!!! I will be keeping you guys in our prayers!!! We sure do miss you guys!!! Love you!!! : ) Give Alexis big hugs and kisses for us!!!