Sunday, July 5, 2009

our 4th

Aloha from our July 4th celebration. My sister Stephanie turns 30 on Wednesday so we decided to throw a surprise party for her! She had no idea and really enjoyed our luau! We had pineapple, mango, kiwi and watermelon and sweet muai onion chips! Plus a delicious pineapple coconut cake with 30 candles in it! We made snow cones and slushies too! We did a limbo contest and sack races. During the sack races we hopped down around the pool and back and Sam came the opposite way of me and was in my way so I pushed in the pool, I thought it very funny he didn't. Ben pushed Alexis in the pool on the second round and she didn't find it funny either. Stephanie tried to dunk me in the pool for Sam and ended up getting herself soaked. It was so stinking hot that a water balloon fight that turned into hoses and buckets felt heavenly, usually I stay clear of these! For dinner we had pulled pork bbq sandwiches, salads, chips, more watermelon, corn on the cob and really cute cupcakes made by Jenn. After dinner the guys went over to Homer's on the Muckleshoot Reservation to buy their fireworks{it has become a tradition}! We sat out in the front yard and watch a great show put on by our neighbors and all the pyros in our family. It was a great day, so grateful the weather was warm.

I am grateful that we have the freedom to celebrate our country. The brave men and women who serve and protect our country are heros and I am grateful to them. I am grateful that I am able to worship how I choose. I am grateful for God and our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

0 lil' notes: