Friday, May 9, 2008

Big girl bed

Alexis has been giving me the hardest fight when it comes to bedtime and nap time. She will only go to sleep if I am holding her, which I love but the girl is getting heavy and it is harder to stand up with her when I am laying down. So I decided that she needs to start going to sleep in her bed, which getting in and out of the crib would not be as much fun as it sounds (hahaha) so I took off her crib rail and put on the toddler rail that came with the crib. So thought it was pretty cool to climb on and off her bed. When it came time to go to bed she tried putting up the usual fuss and limp body routine, well she was surprised when I put her in bed and knelt down and she could see me, she gave me a kiss and a hug. She wouldn't let go so I laid down with her and she just hugged me with her cute little arms around my neck and drifted off to sleep. It was kind of sad for me to know that she is big enough to sleep with out the crib. I actually shed a few tears about it while I watched her. So no crying and jumping up and down until she gives up and goes to sleep. She also started saying her first really clear sentence today.... "I wanna it." It was so clear a guy in the store laughed because he knew what she had said. Makes me happy because a few months ago I had her tested with Child reach to make sure she wasn't behind and they said that by the age of 2 they should be saying 50 words and 25 a strange should recognize and she should be saying 3 word sentences. She has been saying 2 word ones and every once in a while 3 words together, but she has "I wanna it" down. I'm not sure how many words she says now but it is over 30 and she is saying more everyday.

0 lil' notes: