Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fears

I just have to make mention here that Alexis is still very afraid of loud noises. She has been petrified of the lawn mower, motor cycles and stuff like that. Lately it is moving into the vacuum, I vacuum everyday, she begs me to turn it off and won't get off the couch for anything. She never was afraid before. She is very afraid of thunder. Today while at church we had a major storm that came through and it was so close that it was shaking the church building. I peaked in the nursery window and she was glued to the teacher while the rest of the kids were looking out the window. She hasn't stopped talking about how scary it was. She is also afraid of bugs, spiders and worms. She held a worm once with gardening gloves on but most of the time she runs screaming spider and shakes. I told her that bugs are afraid of us because we are so big. She is afraid of horses so I told her that we are like horses to bugs. It didn't work though, lol. I sometimes think her fears are getting worse. She used to go in her room and just turn the light on, now she won't. I think that is why she comes into our room in the middle of the night, note to self get her a better night light. I have been turning her light off while she goes to sleep though. I don't want to force her to do things but I really hope she can find a happy medium soon.

1 lil' notes:

Jenn said...

Get her one of those night lights like I got Ashlee. She can keep it in bed with her and they don't get warm or anything!