Sunday, May 2, 2010

33 week highlights

Two really fun things about week 33. Alexis has finally held still long enough to see Megan moving around and what a show she put on. Now Alexis asks Megan "Are you going to move for me?"

We have the stethoscope and have been listening to Megan's little heart beat. Nancy told us that we probably don't need that as she is big enough to hear just by putting an ear to my tummy and sure enough Britt can hear it. I can't though since I am not the flexible...and don't want to be. So I still use the stethoscope.

Alexis has been acting like a baby a lot lately. Crying and even getting in the saucer and making baby sounds. I just tell her she is silly and try not to make too big of a deal out of it. Today during the sacrament she started making her baby sounds, loudly I might add. I asked her to stop and asked her to be quieter. No response, when I covered her mouth she got louder. I haven't had to remove her from the sacrament in ages. I hope things don't get worse. She is cracking us up left and right though and being super helpful. Although sometimes I wish she wouldn't help. Yesterday we were going to a birthday party and made a salad. I put the lid on and gave it a shake to mix the sauce with the noodles. She must have thought it looked fun and tired to do the same thing....it did not have the same results. I must say this was the first time I broke down and just cried over something that didn't really matter. I mean I sobbed, it rattled Alexis and she ran to her room and cried. Then we both cleaned the salad up off the floor. I know I will probably have more episodes like this, but wow it has really thrown me. I guess crying is way better then taking it out on Alexis and having a bad mommy moment, which I do have at times.

1 lil' notes:

Chastina said...

So glad you were able to cry about it instead of getting mad at Alexis! I hope she adapts well to having a little sister to share attention with.