Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Family Goal

Last night for FHE we had a lesson on how the disciples were blessed because they followed Jesus Christ.  At the end I asked Alexis if we could change one thing that we do that would bless us.  She replied that we could take a treat to everyone in our church(I clarified with her that she meant ward, because the whole church would be near impossible).  I thought about it and decided since the next day was Valentine's Day that it would be fun to take a treat to some people.  So we decided the families and this morning I baked a ton of mini cupcakes and brownies.  After School we loaded up in the car and started delivering them.  Alexis giggled after every delivery.  It was the sweetest thing to see my daughter give to others without once asking if she could have one or complaining how many more houses.  She was sad when I called it quits at 8pm.  So our goal for the year is to "Treat Our Whole Ward."  Did I mention our ward averages over 300 every week for sacrament.  We have the biggest ward I have ever been in.  It is going to be fun and a little nutty.  I am excited to make these memories with my girls and to make giving a part of who they are.   I already have some fun ideas such as for Easter we can "egg people" with candy filled eggs!  We may even ding dong ditch some people.  I did put a limit, we are not doing this everyday, HA that is what she wanted. 

1 lil' notes:

Jenny M said...

That is so sweet! I love it!