Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley


The passing of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley has me thinking of how long I have lived. In 6 weeks I will be 30 years old which is not even a 1/3 of the life this great man has lived. I have seen the passing of 4 presidents of the church; even though I vaguely recall Spencer W. Kimball's passing. I love President Hinckley because of his great calming presence, he had a good sense of humor and he taught with love. I love that he put so much emphasis on building temples so that members of the church world wide could partake of the blessings there. I love that he devoted his life to the gospel and set an amazing example of how one's life could and should be. I felt his love when he spoke and am grateful that I lived during his time as the prophet.

I always wondered how much longer he would be here in our presence while his wife was waiting in Heaven. I am so happy that he has been reunited with her and those who have gone before him...what a welcome home party that must have been and with how many people he knew it is probably still going on. Soon he will go to work up their because that is who he is. Please let me know some of your feelings too.

0 lil' notes: