Sunday, January 24, 2010

20 weeks down, 20 to go!!

Some exciting things are happening this week! First we have our 20 week appointment with Nancy. Up until now we really haven't had any questions but we have a few this time. We are unsure what Britt's blood type is and will be seeing if we can get that tested. We would hate to have the RH factor and not know it, second we will be talking about my kidney's and the risk of toxemia. See when I was little I had scores of infections and the doctors were baffled as to why I got them so easily. They sent me to the hospital for some scans. I only remember seeing all the kids and how sick they looked, but they were all smiling. Those scans came back saying I had small kidneys and they must have had a harder time processing. Well my Grandmother had severe kidney problems even complete failure and was in preparation for a kidney transplant when she died. She developed toxemia during her pregnancy and while trying to save her life by aborting the pregnancy early in her 3rd trimester my uncle lived. Being that he was born in the mid-40's he is a miracle. She had problems with my dad also. So to be on the safe side we want to talk about this and make sure that we know all the symptoms and are well informed.
We also have our 20 week scan scheduled. We are most excited and can't wait to see what our baby looks like now. We haven't had an ultrasound since I was 12 weeks and can't wait to hear the heartbeat again. We will be taking Alexis with us, she just loves seeing the baby and hearing it! We will try and find out. We all know how babies are though so hopefully she/he will let us know!
Britt is going to California again this week, it really makes me sad when he leaves like this, even though I know it is guaranteed money on the paycheck. Sometimes I wish he had a desk job and didn't have to work 14 hour days and be gone for so long, ok I wish it more then sometimes. Right now his job is not as secure as it was 3 years ago. This isn't in the exciting part of the week though!

So stay tuned for results!

1 lil' notes:

Chastina said...

I'm excited to hear the exciting part of the week! I hope the results of the talk with your doctor are positive.