Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Weekend

Wow I can't believe it has been so long since I posted anything here. We had an eventful Thanksgiving. First of all my parents we given a turkey...a live one. So Britt, Jon and my Dad had to(OK they were excited) kill and prepare the turkey. They took video but I refuse to put it on here due to the graphic content. My parents got the turkey ready and Thursday morning, the bird nicknamed "Birdzilla" because it weighed 35 pounds after it was ready to be stuffed, put it in the oven. A few hours later the power went out. A power box got moisture in it and caught on fire! Fortunately they got it turned back on after only about 1 1/2 hours. They turkey was done and we were eating by 4! It was a great meal even though Alexis refused to eat anything but jello salad, she spit everything else out. I am so grateful for my family.

We also got family pictures taken on Saturday. We got all but 2 from the Bergman side there. Chad had to work and Lim is in Iraq. So we got all 25 of us there and even got a picture of all of us...Alexis was not cooperating at the end. We had the church building for 3 more hours and so we hung out and played basketball and let the kids just run the gym! They had a blast, we even went and bought McDonald's for the whole crew. It was fun.

The next day Alexis and Britt were not feeling good and I have got a UTI, so we stayed home from church. I didn't feel to bad because of the hand, foot and mouth outbreak in our ward. I guess there was only 3 kids in nursery...normally 16 kids strong. A lot of people opted to keep their little ones home to prevent illness. We did sanitize the room with washing all the toys in bleach water and wiping the surfaces of everything in the nursery we antibacterial wipes! Hopefully we stopped it in it's tracks! So that is our life over the weekend.

0 lil' notes: