Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tubes again

Alexis had her second set of tubes put in her ears yesterday. We found out that her adenoids were still there, even though the first surgery was supposed to remove them. Much better service at Mary Bridge. We arrived at 8am and they took us right back. Took all her vitals and got her changed into a hospital gown, pants and socks. They gave her a pink pig stuffy and had a coloring book and crayons for her. Then they wheeled her in her bed to the surgery waiting area and the anesthesiologist came and talked to us. We gave her a kiss and she was taken to the OR. In all this took maybe an hour. Last time around we got there at 10:30 and they didn't take her in until after 2. We waited, just hoping that she would wake up without the screaming and crying. She didn't cry. They wheeled her out and she was laying there hugging her new pig. She wanted to watch a movie the second we got in her room and would cry anytime a nurse got in her way. She got a blue Popsicle, apple juice and red jello. While they were giving us our discharge info I started to get light headed and started seeing spots. Lucky for me I was able to sit down before I passed out. I felt pretty silly when they brought me crackers. We left without incident though. She has been running around and wrestling daddy. She woke us up 3 times last night to go potty but didn't want an pain medicine. At 6:30am she was up and ready to take a shower because her hair was crunchy. I am so thankful that she is a good sick kid. It just makes things so much easier. Hopefully this is our last time having to get tubes and surgery for Alexis. It is so sad to see them all hooked up to stuff and not feeling good.

1 lil' notes:

The Peck's said...

I know how you feel seeing your little one like that. I stiil think about what I could have done differently to prevent Sam from being in the hospital for so long. I do love that Mary Bridge takes very good care of little ones. Sam got a puppy and they even gave him a frog to give to Ben. They took very good care of me to.