Wednesday, January 7, 2009

floods

I am so grateful that 5 years ago a member of our ward, Casey, directed us to this house. We where very close to buying a house in Orting and would be evacuated right now. I am glad that we aren't the ones having to be rescued by men like my husband. We are not just dealing with heavy rain, but melting snow from the last three weeks of snow storms that have hit the lowlands. 410 in flooded again, I still can't figure out why they don't try and fix it. It has always been a problem since it is below the flood level. 410 is closed in Enumclaw, 1-5 is closing again in Centralia and I-90 and Steven's pass is closed too. We are kind of getting boxed in here. This is one thing that makes me grateful that I don't live week to week grocery wise. We always have a very well stocked pantry and fridge. The only thing we don't have is a ton of water! We are going to go get some right now though since they are warning us our water could be affected.

1 lil' notes:

One mom said...

Isn't amazing how the Lord prepares the way for you to be blessed even years before? I am glad that you are safe.