Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bare bum alert!

Alexis is for sure getting potty trained this summer. She has been very insistant on having her diaper changed the second she potty's even just a little and tonight she said "mommy" and I looked up to see this.

So I get the wipes and went to change her and she was bone dry. I told her she didn't need a diaper change and went back to checking my email. I looked up just one minute latter when I heared velcro and she was running away with a bare bum. She went around the kitchen and came back with out a shirt on. Warning bare bum alert.


So I put panties on her and brought her potty out into the living room, because there is no way she would run to the bathroom yet. She has been pulling them down and sitting on the potty every few minutes. So maybe if we ever get some sun we could work on this outside. Who knows, maybe we could be diaper free before the year is over....trying to be realistic about potty training a almost 2 year old, even though it is a exciting thought. The only thing is I am going to have to find a way to get over the public toilet thing, the thought of her touching one makes me want to throw up. so anyways as accomplishments go 15 minutes of being dry without a diaper and before she freed her checks it had been 1 hour since I changed her. She also has to take the panties all the way off to sit down and then puts them back on.

2 lil' notes:

shiree said...

yup it sounds like shes ready i remember courtney doing that and than she never wanted to wherea diaper again and was going potty but courtney was easy there was no training she one day just decided she wanted to go in the potty like her big sis kaydin is still a working progress but hes coming along ways at least he noiw knows he has a pe-bug lol!

Jenn said...

Maybe she's telling you that she doesn't want to wait until summer! Ha-Ha! That or she just likes showing off her bum-bum! LOL!