Sunday, August 16, 2009

Run around the town!

I ran the Bonney Lake 5 mile fun run. I was really nervous seeing as I haven't really run or anything for a month. I also have never run this far. So I got up at 7:30am and sucked down a power gel thing. if I eat anytime within 2 hours of a run I get sick. I took Alexis up to my parents house because Britt was at a stake service project. My dad came with me to drive my car from the start to the finish. I got registered and then had an hour wait. It was fun to be in a big group of people all with the same goal. When we first start out I thought oh man what am I doing, I can't run this far! But I kept going and going. It was all hills, up and down, no long flat stretchs. I surprised myself in being able to run the hills and actually passed some people on them. When I got near the finish my knee that I twisted at the beginning of summer started bugging me, but I kept running. My mom had brought Alexis over and they were at the finish line cheering me on. I came in 73 with a 68 minute run. My number was 75, so next time I will try for a small number maybe my time will be better too! Anyway, Iam sore today(not as sore as I thought I would be) I am glad I did it and will be doing more now!

4 lil' notes:

Kate said...

Good job Crystal!! I know the hills of Bonney Lake- and they are NOT small- so way to go!!! We sure miss you guys. Alexis is such a big girl now. I love her long hair!!

Goff Six Adventures said...

You ROCK!!! Good job!

Emily said...

Way to go Crystal!

Jenn said...

You did a lot more then I could ever do!!!